I recently needed to reset the password for the main account. So I called our copier guys and he told me over the phone how to get into maintenance mode. I was able to follow the steps but the beginning part took me a while to get it figured out. Never did find the easy way. Just kept pressing them till the mode enabled.
How To Enter Maintenance Mode
- Press the settings button (has a face on it)
- Press 2 and 8 at the same time
- Then the settings button again. (If done right you will get a gray screen)
- ^ Repeat above till you get a gray screen. Its a pain I know!
To Clear the Password
- Get into service mode – steps above
- Go to Copier on the screen
- Function Button
- Page 1
- click pwd-clr
- Turn off the copier and turn it back on.
Default System Password and ID