Recently, I noticed there wasn’t a comprehensive guide available for updating GAM (Google Apps Manager) to the latest version. As a result, I’ve decided to create a simple step-by-step tutorial to help you through the process.
- Start by downloading the most recent GAM release from the official repository: https://github.com/GAM-team/GAM/releases/
- Install the latest version in the same directory as your existing GAM installation. In my case, I used the “C:\GAM” folder.
- After the installation is complete, navigate to the installation directory.
- If you’re using Windows, right-click on “gam-setup.bat” and select “Run as administrator.” For other operating systems, follow the appropriate steps to run the script with administrative privileges.
- When prompted with the question “Is this a new install or an upgrade? [n or u],” type “u” and press Enter to indicate that this is an upgrade.
And that’s it! Your GAM installation is now updated to the latest version. Happy managing!